The Evolution, the growth and the threats we humans have created to our loving home, our Earth, during the last 50 years. The story tells you all. Every how’s and why’s are answered beautifully for all your questions. Go watch it.
Our home, is in danger, the average temperature of the last 15 years have been the highest ever recorded. The lives of every species is under threat. Climate change being the highest one.
By 2050, 25% of the world’s species could be under threat of extinction if we do not take actions right now. There may be atleast 200 million climate refugees by 2050. We together can take actions to preserve the depleting natural resources, to conserve the energy sources, to restore and maintain the balance the nature has provided us and save the various species from the threats of extinction. The cost of our actions is high and the others pay it without actively having being involved.
The world’s magic is right in front of our eyes, but we are losing the pristine environment in our race towards modernization. We have created phenomenon that we cannot control. Since our origins, water, air and forms of life are interlinked and we have broken these links by our human behaviour. We have shaped the earth in our own image. These facts remind us to be more cautious and take actions immediately:
- 5000 people a day die because of dirty drinking water,
- 1 billion people have no access to safe drinking water,
- Nearly 1 billion people are going hungry every day,
- Over 50% of the grain traded around the world is used for animal feed or biofuels,
- 40% of the arable land has suffered long term damage,
- Every year 13 millions hectares of forest disappears,
- One mammal in 4, one bird in 8, one amphibian in 3 are threatened with extinction,
- Species are dying out at a rhythm of 1000 times faster than the natural rate,
- Three quarters of fishing grounds are exhausted, depleted and are in dangerous decline,
- The ice-cap is 40% thinner than 40 years ago,
The list is not exhaustive and it tells why taking even a smallest action requires careful analysis of it’s repercussions on our environment.
Harmony between humans and nature can become the rule no longer the exception. Listen to the last paragraphs of this film twice carefully how humanity has set many examples. Let’s be responsible and you will get to know how we can transform together for a better world.
It’s true that when it comes to one individual, it seems that what effect it can make to the universe with a little carelessness like switching off an unused electric point, fixing a leakage or turning the tap off, or reducing the sound pollution when we are in a party mood. A minute is one needed to waste the food but it requires a period of 3 to 4 months to produce a grain.
This documentary will atleast give you a wide knowledge how everything is linked and interconnected on this earth and how everything can be restored while linking ourselves to the sun. We have to learn how to cultivate the sun. In one hour the sun can provide the same energy, which can be consumed by the whole humanity for one year. We have to stop chewing the Earth and start looking at the sky.
Let’s make our earth a beautiful place to live in together.